Text

Handwoven Modern and Traditional Reed Baskets by Rachel Starry
Welcome to Turquoise and Twill, where you'll find a gallery of my previous work as well as previews of works-in-progress and other basket-related fun. To see what I currently have in stock, check out my Etsy shop, TurquoiseAndTwill!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Shop Doors Open!

This is it - the inaugural post!  After a few weeks of intense preparations, which included compiling lists of articles that compile lists of articles on everything you could possibly want to know about selling on Etsy, I've finally opened the doors of my Etsy shop, TurquoiseAndTwill.  A few listings went up today, including the large and small versions of my take on the traditional Shaker cheese basket (a popular early American basket that uses hexagonal weave).

There's still so much to be done, but I have been busy on Pinterest where I've organized several boards on topics like basket storage ideas, decorating with baskets, gift basket inspiration, historical baskets, and eclectic home decor. I'm hoping to use this blog - and, by extension, my pinboards and Facebook page - as a place to showcase my past and current work as well as give insight into my creative process, share interesting tidbits on the history of basket-making, and post basket patterns and tutorials. It's a daunting task to be setting out on, but I'm hopeful that things will start coming together soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment